How Does Ollie Quinn Collect Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register or use olliequinn.co.uk ('Our Website')
- When you are registered on our Ollie Quinn in-store customer relationship manager (CRM), WINK
- When you contact Ollie Quinn by telephone or email
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by Ollie Quinn
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
When you create an Ollie Quinn account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Delivery Address
- Billing Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Optical Prescription
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, Ollie Quinn may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make from Ollie Quinn (whether in-store or via the website)
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as which our boutiques you prefer to shop in
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access
- Details of when you contact Ollie Quinn by email, post or telephone. Please not that we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers)
How Does Ollie Quinn Use Your Personal Information?
We treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website or in-store (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc)
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions)
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Ollie Quinn, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products or services which may be of interest to you
- Register you on the Website, or via our in-store services and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address)
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes)
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by Ollie Quinn. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer
As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that Ollie Quinn offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How Can I Unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe:
- You can click the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services at email@example.com
Please note that in relation to our in-store CRM system, you can ask a team member in any one of our stores to update your preferences (e.g. you can specify that you are happy for us to send you e-receipts, but that you would prefer not to be included on our marketing mailing list, or vice versa).
The Website and digital communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Ollie Quinn does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on Ollie Quinn UK website.
Security of Your Personal Information
Ollie Quinn ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Ollie Quinn uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from Ollie Quinn UK website.
In exceptional circumstances Ollie Quinn may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Ollie Quinn please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit Ollie Quinn, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Browsing cookies (including but not limited to _utma, _utmz)
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages within Ollie Quinn you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Ollie Quinn reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com