Tina is our resident optometrist at the Covent Garden boutique. We sat down with her to ask a few questions about who she is and what she does!
1. Tell us a little about yourself!
Hey! I'm Tina and I'm one of the resident optometrists at the Covent Garden branch. I studied at the University of Manchester & then headed back to my home town of Leicester to carry out my training. I decided to move to London to make life a little more exciting. I enjoy varying my work days so I'm not solely in practice. Outside of testing, I help carry out webinars & lead workshops for optometry students. If you're looking for a professional & thorough eye examination (with a few lame eye jokes thrown in), then swing by!
2. Why is eye-care important?
The general consensus about an eye examination is that we check the prescription so that the patient can get a pair of glasses. Whilst this is true, we also carry out a full eye health check. This is important as we can often detect underlying health conditions in other parts of the body that the patient may have been oblivious to. Eye-care is just as important as dental hygiene!
3. What are the three most important things you want people to know about eye-care?
1. Attend your regular eye examinations (usually every 2 years).
2. Any eye related issues, visit your optometrist as soon as possible.
3. The 'air puff' test honestly isn't as bad as you think!
4. What do you do outside of optometry?
Outside optometry, I enjoy travelling & hiking. Usually I go backpacking to try and see as many different parts of a country as possible, whilst finding trekking trails along the way. I keep fit by swimming/kickboxing and keep relaxed by painting at home.
5. How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?
I'm highly allergic to pineapples, so it's a no from me.