Who is Ollie Quinn?
We’re a motley crew of doers, thinkers, makers and creators from across the globe that have come together to create something special for you - our friends, our customers, our communities. Our specialty? Exceptional, in-house designed eyewear at an affordable price.
We come from a foundation of independence. That means we keep prices fair – while using the best quality materials - by designing all frames in-house and only selling via our own boutiques.
In order to make the process easy, honest and open, this starts with offering one price point across all frames, including prescription lenses.
Some might say, we’re your modern day spectacle-wearing hero/ines with a penchant for style! Ok, we said some.
What else will you find at an Ollie Quinn boutique? A charismatic bunch of people who like to chat and do things together. Lots of things. Collaboration and community involvement is how we come up with the really good stuff.
Be part of the OQ Crew!
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be part of a growing and global product team, with overall responsibility to develop and own the merchandising function, working along-side the Buyer, Finance and Marketing to help shape the product range and maximize the profit potential for Ollie Quinn.
The merchandising analyst will improve cash flow and increases profit margins by analyzing inventory risks and opportunities, and implementing inventory allocation strategies. The merchandising analyst will also shape and streamline the flow of merchandise through Ollie Quinn by providing the organization with trend analysis, allocation, and guidance.
Trend Analysis – Develop, refine and maintain models and reporting tools to:
- - Monitoring store category sales
- - Supervising physical inventory
- - Identifying trends
- - Monitoring the timing and scope of seasonal changes
Inventory Allocation – Work directly with suppliers and internal stakeholders to:
- - Develop supply/logistics strategies that will minimize stockouts while maximizing inventory turns
- - Maintain desired inventory levels and product range
Management Guidance – Provide accurate and insightful information to Senior Management by:
- - Liaising with Marketing and Finance to obtain customer based, emerging trend, and financial information
- - Providing guidance about selling patterns and the timing, types, and quantities of future purchases that incorporate information obtained from Marketing and Finance
We'd like to meet you if you have:
- - 5+ years of cumulative experience working in retail merchandising, data analysis or a similar position
- - Post-secondary education in business, retail management, economics or comparable work experience
- - Data analytics experience
- - Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and/or Access
- - Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- - An organised, creative problem-solving, and a continuous improvement mindset
- - An interest in retail or fashion
- - Previous experience in model building for reporting and forecasting is considered an asset
Email us with your resume, a note about yourself and your favourite OQ frame to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Attn: MERCHANDISER” in the subject line.
While we thank you for your submission, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.